ATEX (EX000) Basic Course
The ATEX directive prescribes how all work equipment and workplaces in explosion-hazardous areas must comply in order to be able to work safely. ATEX stands for ATmosphères EXplosibles and includes two European guidelines for working in and with potentially explosive atmospheres. Explosion hazard occurs when combustible gases, vapour, mist or substances mix. If this mixture comes into contact with oxygen or an ignition source such as fire, it may cause an explosion. It is therefore not without reason that the European Union has created these directives with the main aim of guaranteeing safety in the working and living environment! It is necessary to instruct employees so that they can demonstrably and responsibly work safely.
Obtain an ATEX (EX000) basic course certificate
The ATEX (EX000) basic training is intended for anyone who wants to learn the basic principles of working in hazardous areas:
- Understand the subject of explosion safety within the framework of the ATEX guidelines;
- To be able to assess, keep up-to-date and sign an explosion safety document;
- Understand the Explosion Safety Laws and Regulations;
- To be able to implement and maintain the proposed measures in a responsible manner;
The topics covered during this training are:
- Backgrounds of ATEX, what is ATEX?
- Danger of explosion
- Differences ATEX 114 and ATEX 153
- Organisation & explosion safety document
- Coordination obligation
- Explosive dust mixtures & LEL value and UEL value
- Conductivity of dust
- Ignition Sources
- Zoning, division & types of zones
- Practical approach
- EPL (Equipment Protection Level)
- Cleaning and dust zone
- Electrical Equipment and BTO (Ignition Protection Modes)
- BTO gas explosion hazard
- BTO dust explosion hazard
- Manufacturer’s regulations
- Indication on electrical equipment
duration of training and exam
The training takes 1 day and consists only of a theoretical part. After successfully passing the exam, the participant will receive a certificate. The certificate obtained is personal and valid for three years.
training dates and pricing
ATEX (EX000) Basic course: € 450,-
Mentioned price are excl. 21% VAT.
Below you can see when and at which location this training takes place and how many places are still available. Once you have found your ideal date and location, you can register immediately! If you can’t figure it out, you can of course just give us a call. We are happy to help you! +31 (0)10 – 850 8000 or +31 (0)20 – 840 3000
Click on a green field to register for a training on that day. The red fields are already full.
Can't you choose? Please contact us and we'll see if we can plan something together.