Emergency response officer (ero) basic training
aboutAccording to the Working Conditions Act, companies are obliged to take measures in the field of company emergency services. Employers must have one or more company emergency response officers (EROs) in-house. EROs can take immediate action in the event of an incident or disaster, for example in the event of evacuation, after-care, fire-fighting and communication.
Obtain an emergency response officer certificate?
This certificate is mandatory and therefore indispensable for all companies, institutions and organizations in the Netherlands. Participation in the course does not require specific prior education.
After the training you know how to:
- Recognize and fight a incipient fire;
- Understand the difference between different extinguishing agents and how to use them;
- Recognize and treat different injuries;
- Act in a life-saving manner;
- Resuscitate with and without AED;
- Understand the most important matters regarding communication during a calamity;
- Understand the basics about clearing and evacuating.
During this one-day training we cover:
Part 1 | Lifesaving actions
- General rules for providing first aid, including five important points
- Rautek emergency transport handle
- Vital functions
- Breathing and resuscitation for adults
- Choking and poisoning
- External (severe) blood loss and bandage
- Local injury in the form of burns, fractures and eye injuries
Part 2 | Communications, fire fighting and evacuations
- Tasks of the emergency response officer
- Means of communication during an incident
- Fire fighting, including triangles and pentagons, fire stages and small extinguishers
- Importance of aftercare
Duration of training en exam
The course lasts one day and takes place in groups with an average of twelve participants. Both theory and practice are included, and both parts are concluded with a test. Participants who are in possession of a valid first aid certificate with a resuscitation endorsement will receive an exemption for the Life-saving Acts component. The certificate obtained (in accordance with NVB standard) is personal and valid for one year.
Dates and pricing
Price: € 225,-
Pricing is excl. 21% VAT.
In the below calendar you can see when and where the training takes place and how many seats are still available. When you find your prefered date and location, you can book straight away! If you have issues, please feel free to contact us by phone. Were are happy to help you! +31 (0)10 – 850 8000 or +31 (0)20 – 840 3000
Select a green field to book a training for that day. The red fields are already fully booked. No option available? Contact us to discuss date options.